You work hard to provide excellent care to your consumers. You deserve the high quality, interactive and enjoyable courses that Prevention Priority provides! Schedule your course today!
Who should attend:
Foster care families or any staff employed to care for consumers under the State of Florida’s Agency for Persons with Disabilities who wishes to participate in the administration of medication. This includes group homes, supported living or family homes.
Approximately 5 hours. This time may vary depending on number of participants and level of experience.
1. Attendance and participation in lecture
2. Achieve score of 80% or better on completion exam
1. Demonstrate preparation, administration and documentation of medication with 100% accuracy. Validation consists of actual administration of medications. This occurs in addition to this classroom experience and requires a separate fee. Validation is not included in this course.
Provided course material will discuss and follow State of Florida Rule 65G-7. During this course we will:
1. Discuss the consumers rights
2. Demonstrate preparation, administration and documentation of medications
3. Discuss limitations of the medications and assistance the provider may offer
4. Discuss intended effects and side effects of medications and how to respond to life-threatening allergic reactions
5. Discuss proper supervision of self-administration of medication
6. Discuss Florida Chapter 65G-7
Upon successful completion as outlined above, the participant will be issued a certificate of validation. It is the participant’s responsibility to maintain the certificate and ongoing, yearly validations.